[544]=>Good morning
 [543]=>You know the fee...
 [542]=>Date more, care ...
 [541]=>Moving On



February 2004
sun mon tue wed thu fri sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28


 [RAndoMness]=> 28Sep09
 [JPsDocs] => 22Feb09
 [JPics] => 10Dec11

recent music
Boycott SONY


getentries(02Dec03);   getentries(02Dec03);


Foothills Family Clinic
added Thu February 19 2004 at 8:33 PM
My mom asked me to go to a doctor that my uncle recommended (called, as you can guess, Foothills Family Clinic). Except for the obvious fact that it's in Salt Lake (I was in my car for about 3 hours today), I was very satisfied with the services.

First off, the lobby was nice. I could tell that they have a lot of people going through there, because, well, there was a lot of people waiting. Also, it had a *lot* of seats in the waiting room. Yet, somehow, it felt very nice and home-y. It's hard to explain why, exactly, but it wasn't the normal harsh waiting room that I've gotten used to.

There was a rush of people coming in at the same time as me, so there was a little bit of a wait to check in. It was obvious that this wasn't any fault of their's, though, because they added another person to check people in shortly after I got there. The secretary was very friendly. She made copies of everything she needed to, and gave me a couple forms to fill out. I sat down to look them over and fill them out, and someone called for me.

I took a seat in a normal doctor room (small, a paper-covered bed, two chairs, sink, etc.) and a nurse took my vitals. When she left, I picked up the clipboard I was carrying with me, and started to look over the papers again. Then the doctor walked in.

He was very calm, understanding, and sympathetic with my situation. I had (at my mother's suggestion) made a list of symptoms that I needed to mention. However, before I had a chance to refer to my list, he had asked all the appropriate questions and I'd told him all the symptoms. I felt a little bad because I was saying yes to pretty much every question (aren't you supposed to turn up negative for *something* the doctor asks?), but he didn't seem to doubt me in the slightest.

We talked for a couple minutes about things that I should do to help my situation (most of which I'd heard before). He included a couple study tips, and suggested I try to make time for things I enjoy doing, and asked if I'd been talking with a counselor. I have been, but I've decided that it's time to try a medicinal approach. A lot of his warnings (just because this drug doesn't work doesn't mean others won't, and these things take time, and still see your counselor) I already knew, but he was very reassuring.

He wanted to run a blood test to see if it's a thyroid problem, so he actually walked me over to the lab. While I was waiting for the lab people to get ready was the first chance I had to sit down and fill out the paperwork. The entire visit was done in about twenty minutes. I don't think I've ever gotten in and out that fast anywhere else.

Now, if only I could do something about the traffic.